SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A 24-year-old intoxicated Sparta man was taken into custody after he urinated in the street and tried to bite someone, according to Sparta police.
When police arrived at the 700 block of Division Street at about 2:15 p.m. on May 5, they found Erik Garcia lying outside of a residence. He appeared intoxicated and police said Garcia's preliminary breath test showed he was more than three times of the legal limit to drive, according to Sparta police.
Garcia was taken into custody at the request of the Department of Corrections and was cited for disorderly conduct.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners