SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A 24-year-old intoxicated Sparta man was taken into custody after he urinated in the street and tried to bite someone, according to Sparta police.
When police arrived at the 700 block of Division Street at about 2:15 p.m. on May 5, they found Erik Garcia lying outside of a residence. He appeared intoxicated and police said Garcia's preliminary breath test showed he was more than three times of the legal limit to drive, according to Sparta police.
Garcia was taken into custody at the request of the Department of Corrections and was cited for disorderly conduct.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases