MILWAUKEE (AP) - An inquest jury has found probable cause that three Milwaukee police officers failed to render aid to a suspect who died while in custody.
Jurors gave their verdict Thursday in the case of Derek Williams. Williams died in July 2011 after gasping for breath and begging for help for about eight minutes in a police car.
Now it's up to prosecutors to decide whether formal charges are warranted against the officers.
The officers were not present when the verdict was read in court.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration