STILLWATER, Minn. (AP) - Stillwater state prison is on lockdown after officials say an inmate attacked and injured four staff members without warning.
A spokesman for the Minnesota Department of Corrections says the altercation began Wednesday when the offender approached staff members with a complaint, then attacked them.
Additional officers were sent to the scene and the offender was taken into custody.
The incident happened in the prison's dining hall about midday. The corrections spokesman tells the Star Tribune a female correctional officer and a contract food service employee were treated at a hospital and released. Two other employees had minor injuries.
A criminal investigation of the incident is underway.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Alcohol use among Wisconsin senior citizens on the rise
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention