STILLWATER, Minn. (AP) - Stillwater state prison is on lockdown after officials say an inmate attacked and injured four staff members without warning.
A spokesman for the Minnesota Department of Corrections says the altercation began Wednesday when the offender approached staff members with a complaint, then attacked them.
Additional officers were sent to the scene and the offender was taken into custody.
The incident happened in the prison's dining hall about midday. The corrections spokesman tells the Star Tribune a female correctional officer and a contract food service employee were treated at a hospital and released. Two other employees had minor injuries.
A criminal investigation of the incident is underway.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death