DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An inmate who was convicted of attempted murder has been listed as escaped from a state work release center in Des Moines.
A news release from the Iowa Corrections Department says 33-year-old Corey Dewitt was listed because of an unexcused absence from the Fort Des Moines facility on Tuesday. Dewitt was transferred to the center on Nov. 6.
The department says that in June 1997, Dewitt was sentenced to 40 years in prison. He was convicted in Polk County of attempted murder, terrorism and going armed with intent.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.