OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - Court documents say a 19-year-old man watching his girlfriend's two children in Ottumwa may have shaken the 2-year-old, causing traumatic brain injuries.
The Des Moines Register reports that interim Ottumwa Police Chief Tom McAndrew said the little boy is in critical condition at an Iowa City hospital.
McAndrew told the Register on Tuesday that no charges have been filed and there won't be until all the medical information about the boy and his injuries has been gathered.
Police say the boy was found unresponsive at the home in the evening of April 22. A police affidavit says the man reported that he may have shaken the boy in an effort to awaken him what looked like a seizure.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says