OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - Court documents say a 19-year-old man watching his girlfriend's two children in Ottumwa may have shaken the 2-year-old, causing traumatic brain injuries.
The Des Moines Register reports that interim Ottumwa Police Chief Tom McAndrew said the little boy is in critical condition at an Iowa City hospital.
McAndrew told the Register on Tuesday that no charges have been filed and there won't be until all the medical information about the boy and his injuries has been gathered.
Police say the boy was found unresponsive at the home in the evening of April 22. A police affidavit says the man reported that he may have shaken the boy in an effort to awaken him what looked like a seizure.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US