MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - U.S. District Judge Lynn S. Adelman sentenced 46 year-old Mark Anderson, of Oak Lawn, Illinois, to one year and one day in prison for interstate transportation of stolen goods.
Anderson pleaded guilty on May 20 to the offense of using a semi-tractor to steal five semi-trailers from Eau Claire, Wisconsin businesses and transporting the semi-trailers to Illinois.
A probation request for Anderson has been denied by Judge Adelman indicating that a prison sentence was necessary to promote respect for the law.
The investigation was conducted by the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Department, Northern Illinois Auto Theft Task Force, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says