MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - U.S. District Judge Lynn S. Adelman sentenced 46 year-old Mark Anderson, of Oak Lawn, Illinois, to one year and one day in prison for interstate transportation of stolen goods.
Anderson pleaded guilty on May 20 to the offense of using a semi-tractor to steal five semi-trailers from Eau Claire, Wisconsin businesses and transporting the semi-trailers to Illinois.
A probation request for Anderson has been denied by Judge Adelman indicating that a prison sentence was necessary to promote respect for the law.
The investigation was conducted by the Eau Claire County Sheriff's Department, Northern Illinois Auto Theft Task Force, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US