LA CROSSE, Wis. - ne of the teams with the biggest presence at this weekend's Coulee Region Polar Plunge will be the IceBreakers.
It's a team comprised of Trane employees, family members, and friends. And this year there are more than 100 people on the team, in honor of 100 years of Trane.
Virginia Cress, one of the team captains, made a promise to the team this year, that if they raised more than $10,000, she would shave her head. $15,000 later, she made good on that deal.
The hair will be donated to Locks of Love.
It's also a special day for Cress. It's her one year wedding anniversary. Her husband is also shaving his head.19148486
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests