LA CROSSE, Wis. - ne of the teams with the biggest presence at this weekend's Coulee Region Polar Plunge will be the IceBreakers.
It's a team comprised of Trane employees, family members, and friends. And this year there are more than 100 people on the team, in honor of 100 years of Trane.
Virginia Cress, one of the team captains, made a promise to the team this year, that if they raised more than $10,000, she would shave her head. $15,000 later, she made good on that deal.
The hair will be donated to Locks of Love.
It's also a special day for Cress. It's her one year wedding anniversary. Her husband is also shaving his head.19148486
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting