IONIA, Iowa (AP) - A 42-year-old Ionia woman has been arrested, accused of stabbing her husband multiple times.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that stabbing was reported Tuesday morning. Police say the woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The Chickasaw County Sheriff's Office says it received an emergency call about 7:40 a.m. Tuesday requesting assistance for a man who was bleeding from stab wounds. Investigators say the man fled the house after being stabbed and drove to a neighbor's home for help.
He was taken to a Waterloo hospital, where he underwent surgery for his wounds.
Deputies arrested his wife in the couple's home.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016