WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) - The husband of a police officer who was fatally shot while patrolling in suburban Milwaukee on Christmas Eve has been arrested in connection with her death.
The Wauwatosa police department says in a Thursday statement that Benjamin Sebena, of Menomonee Falls, was booked into Milwaukee County Jail Wednesday night on a tentative charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
He has not been formally charged in 30-year-old Jennifer Sebena's death.
A message seeking comment was left at the district attorney's office Thursday.
Police officers discovered Sebena's body a couple of hours after she failed to respond to radio calls early on Christmas Eve. She had been shot several times.
Sebena's funeral is scheduled for Saturday.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition