WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) - The husband of a police officer who was fatally shot while patrolling in suburban Milwaukee on Christmas Eve has been arrested in connection with her death.
The Wauwatosa police department says in a Thursday statement that Benjamin Sebena, of Menomonee Falls, was booked into Milwaukee County Jail Wednesday night on a tentative charge of first-degree intentional homicide.
He has not been formally charged in 30-year-old Jennifer Sebena's death.
A message seeking comment was left at the district attorney's office Thursday.
Police officers discovered Sebena's body a couple of hours after she failed to respond to radio calls early on Christmas Eve. She had been shot several times.
Sebena's funeral is scheduled for Saturday.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration