EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) - Friends of the two young Iowa girls who have been missing since July are asking hunters to watch for clues about the missing cousins.
FBI officials have said they believe Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins were abducted from Evanston this summer.
Chad Hartogh, who manages the Waterloo Hy-Vee store, says he hopes reminding hunters about the case will help bring the girls home.
Since they were reported missing, Lyric turned 11 and Elizabeth turned 9. Their bikes were found near Meyers Lake in Evansdale.
Chris Jones, with the state Department of Natural Resources, says he thinks this is a good idea because hunters will be in remote areas that don't get much traffic the rest of the year. Jones was part of the initial search for the missing girls.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies