LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The community is showing its support for an Onalaska police officer and his family.
Friends of the McCluskey family hosted a benefit in the family's honor at the Holmen American Legion on Saturday.
The McCluskeys have been battling through a tough year.
Their son Aidan is in need of a kidney transplant and his mother Megan was going to be the donor but was then diagnosed with breast cancer.
To make matters worse, shortly after her treatment began, their home was destroyed by a fire.22779558
Organizers of the benefit say the turnout is incredible.
"It's absolutely amazing. I am just awestruck by the community's support and how everybody comes out and supports each other," said benefit organizer Carrie Pohjola.
If you'd like to give to the McCluskeys, you can make a donation to the McCluskey fund c/o the Bank of Galesville in Trempealeau 54661.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns