LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The community is showing its support for an Onalaska police officer and his family.
Friends of the McCluskey family hosted a benefit in the family's honor at the Holmen American Legion on Saturday.
The McCluskeys have been battling through a tough year.
Their son Aidan is in need of a kidney transplant and his mother Megan was going to be the donor but was then diagnosed with breast cancer.
To make matters worse, shortly after her treatment began, their home was destroyed by a fire.22779558
Organizers of the benefit say the turnout is incredible.
"It's absolutely amazing. I am just awestruck by the community's support and how everybody comes out and supports each other," said benefit organizer Carrie Pohjola.
If you'd like to give to the McCluskeys, you can make a donation to the McCluskey fund c/o the Bank of Galesville in Trempealeau 54661.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration