LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A new conference on social justice is coming to the area.
The June Kjome Social Justice Conference will focus on human trafficking in the Coulee Region.
The conference, which goes on all day at UW-La Crosse, is already full, but there's an evening presentation that's open to the public. That free presentation will take place at the Cleary Center at UW-La Crosse from 7-8:30 p.m.
The evening event features a keynote speaker and a panel of local experts to talk about what we're seeing here.
"Most people think that it doesn't affect our area, but La Crosse being on the highway between Chicago and Minneapolis, and further north, there is growing evidence that it is present in our area," said Beth Moore, of the conference's planning committee.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests