MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The head of Austin-based Hormel Foods is presenting a $50,000 donation to a home for families of patients at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center.
Hormel CEO Jeffrey Ettinger will visit the Minneapolis Fisher House on Tuesday to present the contribution, along with a donation of Hormel Cure 81 hams and Country Crock side dishes for family members that will spend the Easter holiday at Fisher Houses across the country.
Fisher Houses provide homes away from home for families of patients receiving care at major military and VA medical centers. There are close to 60 across the country and in Germany. Since 1990, the program says, the homes have provided free lodging to more than 180,000 families, saving them $200 million in lodging costs.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death