MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The head of Austin-based Hormel Foods is presenting a $50,000 donation to a home for families of patients at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center.
Hormel CEO Jeffrey Ettinger will visit the Minneapolis Fisher House on Tuesday to present the contribution, along with a donation of Hormel Cure 81 hams and Country Crock side dishes for family members that will spend the Easter holiday at Fisher Houses across the country.
Fisher Houses provide homes away from home for families of patients receiving care at major military and VA medical centers. There are close to 60 across the country and in Germany. Since 1990, the program says, the homes have provided free lodging to more than 180,000 families, saving them $200 million in lodging costs.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns