LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Veterans are invited to a free breakfast to mark Veterans Day.
Freedom Honor Flight and UW-La Crosse Athletics are partnering to honor veterans in the first Veterans Day Breakfast November 11.
The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. with a brief ceremony at the Veterans Hall of Honor in the UW-L Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex, followed by breakfast inside the adjacent Mitchell Hall Fieldhouse.
UW-L student athletes and ROTC members will serve the breakfast prepared by Chartwell Catering.
The program will include music and refreshments plus comments from Josh Whitman, Director of UW-L Athletics, and a representative from Fort McCoy.
Free parking for the event will be available in the C-2 lot directly north of Mitchell Hall.
Additional financial support for the breakfast is being provided by Coulee Bank and Dirk Gasterland, Merchants Bank, M&I – a part of BMO Financial Group, and State Bank Financial. In addition, Chartwell Catering is donating a portion of the cost of the breakfast.
Veterans who plan to attend should call 608-784-1015 to RSVP.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay