LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Veterans are invited to a free breakfast to mark Veterans Day.
Freedom Honor Flight and UW-La Crosse Athletics are partnering to honor veterans in the first Veterans Day Breakfast November 11.
The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. with a brief ceremony at the Veterans Hall of Honor in the UW-L Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex, followed by breakfast inside the adjacent Mitchell Hall Fieldhouse.
UW-L student athletes and ROTC members will serve the breakfast prepared by Chartwell Catering.
The program will include music and refreshments plus comments from Josh Whitman, Director of UW-L Athletics, and a representative from Fort McCoy.
Free parking for the event will be available in the C-2 lot directly north of Mitchell Hall.
Additional financial support for the breakfast is being provided by Coulee Bank and Dirk Gasterland, Merchants Bank, M&I – a part of BMO Financial Group, and State Bank Financial. In addition, Chartwell Catering is donating a portion of the cost of the breakfast.
Veterans who plan to attend should call 608-784-1015 to RSVP.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion