HOLMEN, Wis. - If you're looking to do some holiday shopping and help a family in need, a class of Holmen seniors are hoping you'll stop by their holiday store.
The project is part of a marketing class at Holmen High School.
The seniors organize the store and are open for the weeks leading up to Christmas.
The goal is to raise money for Aaron Johnson's family.
He's a fourth grader at Evergreen Elementary who has leukemia and is currently being treated at a hospital in Rochester.
Student organizers say when they heard about Aaron, it was an easy decision to help him.
"We had his father come in talk to us, talk to our class and after he told us his story and everything he's been through we kind of just knew he was the one we should help out," said student organizer Kyle Knudson.
The store is open Monday through Saturday until December 20. It's open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturdays.23494358
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure