LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A brand new historical mayor's display is up on the walls in the City Council Chamber.
It features pictures, names, and terms of the mayors from the city dating back to 1856.
The idea for the display came ten years ago while John Medinger was in office. He is one of the five most recent mayors to help open the exhibit this morning.
"I never think of myself as history, but I guess it's something you should be proud of," said Pat Zielke, Mayor of La Crosse from 1975-1997.
"All these mayors are unique characters, but they all tried to make La Crosse a better place," said John Medinger, Mayor of La Crosse from 1997-2005.
"It's kind of funny, because it's like I need to work on my beard and mustache when you're looking at some of the earlier mayors," said current City of La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
Each of the mayors was very humble when talking about the display, saying they have all been a part of something greater than themselves.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure