LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual celebration showing off everything La Crosse's downtown has to offer returns this weekend.
Historic Downtown Day gives the downtown community a chance to easily show off their services while providing family friendly activities. The free festivities include children's games and crafts, historical reenactments, and a chili cook- off.
Organizers say the 21st annual event highlights an important feature when shopping downtown.
"I think one of the really wonderful things that we have here in downtown La Crosse that sometimes we take for granted is the beauty of our historic buildings, and the rich history that we really have as a community. So we try to celebrate that," said Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Robin Moses.
Sponsors for the 2016 Historic Downtown Day include a wide range of local businesses, from Viterbo University to Logistics Health Incorporated.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants