LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual celebration showing off everything La Crosse's downtown has to offer returns this weekend.
Historic Downtown Day gives the downtown community a chance to easily show off their services while providing family friendly activities. The free festivities include children's games and crafts, historical reenactments, and a chili cook- off.
Organizers say the 21st annual event highlights an important feature when shopping downtown.
"I think one of the really wonderful things that we have here in downtown La Crosse that sometimes we take for granted is the beauty of our historic buildings, and the rich history that we really have as a community. So we try to celebrate that," said Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Robin Moses.
Sponsors for the 2016 Historic Downtown Day include a wide range of local businesses, from Viterbo University to Logistics Health Incorporated.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death