LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual celebration showing off everything La Crosse's downtown has to offer returns this weekend.
Historic Downtown Day gives the downtown community a chance to easily show off their services while providing family friendly activities. The free festivities include children's games and crafts, historical reenactments, and a chili cook- off.
Organizers say the 21st annual event highlights an important feature when shopping downtown.
"I think one of the really wonderful things that we have here in downtown La Crosse that sometimes we take for granted is the beauty of our historic buildings, and the rich history that we really have as a community. So we try to celebrate that," said Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Robin Moses.
Sponsors for the 2016 Historic Downtown Day include a wide range of local businesses, from Viterbo University to Logistics Health Incorporated.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation