BRAINERD, Minn. (AP) - A Minnesota high school student's unique prom dress is an ode to commencement and the journey ahead.
Rin Heise will be a walking globe at Brainerd High School's senior prom Saturday. Her dress, crafted by her mother, is pieced together from old National Geographic maps. The dress is reinforced with pages of Dr. Seuss' book "Oh, the Places You'll Go."
It took seven 1978 National Geographic maps and two Dr. Seuss books to complete the dress.
Heise's mother, Lois Fischer, says the dress if a "montage of graduating and moving on" -- the seniors will be going great places and doing great things. The Brainerd Dispatch says Fischer has even fashioned a matching tie for her daughter's date.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks