BRAINERD, Minn. (AP) - A Minnesota high school student's unique prom dress is an ode to commencement and the journey ahead.
Rin Heise will be a walking globe at Brainerd High School's senior prom Saturday. Her dress, crafted by her mother, is pieced together from old National Geographic maps. The dress is reinforced with pages of Dr. Seuss' book "Oh, the Places You'll Go."
It took seven 1978 National Geographic maps and two Dr. Seuss books to complete the dress.
Heise's mother, Lois Fischer, says the dress if a "montage of graduating and moving on" -- the seniors will be going great places and doing great things. The Brainerd Dispatch says Fischer has even fashioned a matching tie for her daughter's date.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?