LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some big and colorful birds are back out on area streets.
You've probably noticed The Pump House's herons in various places throughout La Crosse and Onalaska.
The birds started out as an art project collaborating with local businesses about six years ago. Each one is uniquely designed.
"The community loves them, we have people ask about them all the time," said Pump House Executive Director Toni Asher. "They're great destination pieces. People are just really fond of them and take pride in the art and the ownership they feel in the arts in La Crosse."
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract