IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - University of Iowa police are investigating after finding a Herky statue vandalized Friday.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that the "Reflections of U" Herky had its fiberglass legs shattered below the knees, leaving only steel rebar attaching the statue to its one-ton concrete base on the north end of the school's Pentacrest.
Herky, the hawk, is the mascot of the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Iowa City Area Crime Stoppers is offering up to $1,000 for information leading to an arrest.
The Cedar Rapids artist who created the statue, Kim O'Meara, will determine whether it can be repaired.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin