IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - University of Iowa police are investigating after finding a Herky statue vandalized Friday.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that the "Reflections of U" Herky had its fiberglass legs shattered below the knees, leaving only steel rebar attaching the statue to its one-ton concrete base on the north end of the school's Pentacrest.
Herky, the hawk, is the mascot of the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Iowa City Area Crime Stoppers is offering up to $1,000 for information leading to an arrest.
The Cedar Rapids artist who created the statue, Kim O'Meara, will determine whether it can be repaired.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain