ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - Forecasters expect as much as 10 inches of snow to complicate travel in far southeastern Minnesota.
Sustained winds of 20 to 35 mph with gusts of up to 45 mph are expected to whip up blizzard conditions. A blizzard warning for Olmsted, Winona, Mower, Fillmore and Houston counties is in effect until midnight.
The National Weather Service is predicting 5 to 10 inches of snow across southeastern Minnesota.
Students in the Albert Lea and Rochester school districts are among dozens calling off classes Thursday. The storm also canceled a variety of community and religious events in the region, including `taco night' at the American Legion in Wabasha.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers