ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - Forecasters expect as much as 10 inches of snow to complicate travel in far southeastern Minnesota.
Sustained winds of 20 to 35 mph with gusts of up to 45 mph are expected to whip up blizzard conditions. A blizzard warning for Olmsted, Winona, Mower, Fillmore and Houston counties is in effect until midnight.
The National Weather Service is predicting 5 to 10 inches of snow across southeastern Minnesota.
Students in the Albert Lea and Rochester school districts are among dozens calling off classes Thursday. The storm also canceled a variety of community and religious events in the region, including `taco night' at the American Legion in Wabasha.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say