TOWN OF CAMPBELL, Wis. (WKBT) - Rain showers over the weekend are causing problems for the Town of Campbell.
The town believes heavy rain caused its lift station to overflow early Monday morning. The lift station is responsible for moving sewage from one place to another. If the station floods, the sewage will then back up causing the wells holding the sewage to overflow.
Luckily for residents, Campbell's utility department keeps a close eye on those wells.
"Our utility guys, part of the their routine is monitoring the lift stations every day. So seven days a week, 365 days a year. They caught it this morning, noticed they had an issue and got a hold of the resources to get after it," said Utility Supervisor, Bob Wolfert.
The utility department says it could be a couple of days until the station is fixed.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building