TOWN OF CAMPBELL, Wis. (WKBT) - Rain showers over the weekend are causing problems for the Town of Campbell.
The town believes heavy rain caused its lift station to overflow early Monday morning. The lift station is responsible for moving sewage from one place to another. If the station floods, the sewage will then back up causing the wells holding the sewage to overflow.
Luckily for residents, Campbell's utility department keeps a close eye on those wells.
"Our utility guys, part of the their routine is monitoring the lift stations every day. So seven days a week, 365 days a year. They caught it this morning, noticed they had an issue and got a hold of the resources to get after it," said Utility Supervisor, Bob Wolfert.
The utility department says it could be a couple of days until the station is fixed.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.