LA CROSSE, Wis. - Mt. Calvary/Grace Lutheran School in La Crosse won the first Healthy Pantry Challenge by donating the most items based on school enrollment to area food pantries during the holiday season.
The Coulee Region Childhood Obesity Coalition, Rotary Lights and the Hunger Task Force sponsored the event.
In total, the six schools that participated in the challenge donated more than 4,650 items to the food pantry. Besides Mt. Calvary/Grace Lutheran School, the other schools that participated were St. Paul's Lutheran and Northern Hills Elementary schools in Onalaska and Evergreen, Sand Lake, and Viking elementary schools in Holmen.
Mt. Calvary/Grace Lutheran School will receive the traveling "Healthy to the Core" plaque, which they can display at their school for the rest of the year.
Healthy Pantry Challenge sponsors expect the event to continue next year.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests