LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A collaborative effort brings preventative health care to people in our community.
Mammograms, blood pressure checks and diabetes screenings were just a few of the services outside of the La Crosse County Health building Wednesday, some of those for no cost.
The Health Matters Health Fair was put on by Mayo Clinic Health System, Health Traditions and the La Crosse County Health Department.
They were hoping to reach out to people with limited income and no insurance.
"It's a great opportunity to show how important the health is to our community members," said Health Traditions' Yolanda Grimmius.
The groups are looking to offer this again some time in the future.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers