LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A collaborative effort brings preventative health care to people in our community.
Mammograms, blood pressure checks and diabetes screenings were just a few of the services outside of the La Crosse County Health building Wednesday, some of those for no cost.
The Health Matters Health Fair was put on by Mayo Clinic Health System, Health Traditions and the La Crosse County Health Department.
They were hoping to reach out to people with limited income and no insurance.
"It's a great opportunity to show how important the health is to our community members," said Health Traditions' Yolanda Grimmius.
The groups are looking to offer this again some time in the future.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore