LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A collaborative effort brings preventative health care to people in our community.
Mammograms, blood pressure checks and diabetes screenings were just a few of the services outside of the La Crosse County Health building Wednesday, some of those for no cost.
The Health Matters Health Fair was put on by Mayo Clinic Health System, Health Traditions and the La Crosse County Health Department.
They were hoping to reach out to people with limited income and no insurance.
"It's a great opportunity to show how important the health is to our community members," said Health Traditions' Yolanda Grimmius.
The groups are looking to offer this again some time in the future.
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal