ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Search warrants say a hacksaw, reciprocating saw, bleach and pistol are among 33 items collected by police investigating a dismemberment homicide case in Ramsey County.
An affidavit filed in Ramsey County District Court this week says the 34-year-old defendant, Steven Roger Johnson, told investigators they would find the gun he used to shoot Manya Jewel Johnson in their basement.
A criminal complaint says Johnson told police he shot his 32-year-old wife in the head, dismembered her body and placed her remains in plastic bins which he stored in a friend's garage in the St. Paul suburb of White Bear Lake.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press cites court documents which say Johnson told police he went to Menards to buy bleach, storage tubs and a better saw to use in the dismemberment.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers