ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Search warrants say a hacksaw, reciprocating saw, bleach and pistol are among 33 items collected by police investigating a dismemberment homicide case in Ramsey County.
An affidavit filed in Ramsey County District Court this week says the 34-year-old defendant, Steven Roger Johnson, told investigators they would find the gun he used to shoot Manya Jewel Johnson in their basement.
A criminal complaint says Johnson told police he shot his 32-year-old wife in the head, dismembered her body and placed her remains in plastic bins which he stored in a friend's garage in the St. Paul suburb of White Bear Lake.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press cites court documents which say Johnson told police he went to Menards to buy bleach, storage tubs and a better saw to use in the dismemberment.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing