WINONA, Minn. - Habitat for Humanity is looking for the public's help to raise money benefiting Winona and Fillmore Counties and will be used to complete two single-family homes this spring.
The organization is looking for businesses and individuals to donate auction items for Habitat's biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual dinner and auction.19519714
Habitat is looking for donations like hand-crafted items, gift certificates, and fun experiences like boat rides, maple syrup making and dinners. Habitat is hoping for a generous response to help them reach their goal.
"It definitely takes over, at least 100 items to help reach our fundraising goal of 35,000, it's a little early in the game as we've just started collecting auction items so we're really excited and grateful for the generosity that we've received," said Stephanie Orr of Winona Habitat for Humanity.
The auction will be held on Friday, May 17 at Signatures Restaurant. If you would like to donate items for the auction, you can call the Habitat for Humanity office in Winona at (507) 457-0003.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?