WINONA, Minn. - Habitat for Humanity is looking for the public's help to raise money benefiting Winona and Fillmore Counties and will be used to complete two single-family homes this spring.
The organization is looking for businesses and individuals to donate auction items for Habitat's biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual dinner and auction.19519714
Habitat is looking for donations like hand-crafted items, gift certificates, and fun experiences like boat rides, maple syrup making and dinners. Habitat is hoping for a generous response to help them reach their goal.
"It definitely takes over, at least 100 items to help reach our fundraising goal of 35,000, it's a little early in the game as we've just started collecting auction items so we're really excited and grateful for the generosity that we've received," said Stephanie Orr of Winona Habitat for Humanity.
The auction will be held on Friday, May 17 at Signatures Restaurant. If you would like to donate items for the auction, you can call the Habitat for Humanity office in Winona at (507) 457-0003.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation