CALEDONIA, Minn. (WKBT) - People in Caledonia will now have the ability to receive orthopedic care closer to home.
Gundersen Health System held a grand opening Saturday for a brand-new Orthopedic clinic.
The clinic will provide those in the area an opportunity to receive weekly therapy without having to make the half hour trip to La Crosse.
Caledonia's aging population is one of the many reasons Gundersen decided to open the facility.
The Clinical Manager of the La Crosse campus of Gundersen Health System Butch Bobemoyer said the organization hopes to bring more services to the clinic.
"The primary patient population is going to be musculoskeletal injuries but physical therapy and occupational therapy in large could see other patient populations so those could be women's health issues, those could be lymphatic issues," said Bobemoyer.
The new clinic is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests