CALEDONIA, Minn. (WKBT) - People in Caledonia will now have the ability to receive orthopedic care closer to home.
Gundersen Health System held a grand opening Saturday for a brand-new Orthopedic clinic.
The clinic will provide those in the area an opportunity to receive weekly therapy without having to make the half hour trip to La Crosse.
Caledonia's aging population is one of the many reasons Gundersen decided to open the facility.
The Clinical Manager of the La Crosse campus of Gundersen Health System Butch Bobemoyer said the organization hopes to bring more services to the clinic.
"The primary patient population is going to be musculoskeletal injuries but physical therapy and occupational therapy in large could see other patient populations so those could be women's health issues, those could be lymphatic issues," said Bobemoyer.
The new clinic is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers