LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse hospital is hoping to provide a space for area charities looking for a home.
Gundersen Health System is preparing to open a new parking lot on its campus for patients going to Gundersen's East and Founders buildings.
In order to make room for the lot, the hospital had to demolish a group of houses they had previously owned.
Now that the project is nearly complete, the hospital is looking to sell one of the few remaining houses in the area to any organization that might be looking to expand.
"It's in very good shape, and we're obviously looking for a non-profit that might want to take that home and move it for good use, either in this neighborhood or in an adjoining neighborhood as well," said Executive Director of External Affairs Michael Richards.
Gundersen hopes to have a plan for the house in place by sometime next year.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY