LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The average person eats out four times a week, according to Gundersen Health System, and when dining out it's not always easy to make healthy choices.
That's part of the reason Gundersen developed an app called the Coulee Region Dining Guide.
The guide includes information on more than 150 area restaurants in La Crosse County and more are likely to be added.
"People sometimes assume that if you go out to eat at restaurants, you can't eat healthy. And the research does show that if you go out, you might eat an additional 200 calories a day, for those people that eat out frequently, and this will hopefully allow people to know where they can go, and still be healthy," said Gundersen Health System Epidemiologist Brenda Rooney.
The free app is available on Android, IOS, and on the web.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking