LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The average person eats out four times a week, according to Gundersen Health System, and when dining out it's not always easy to make healthy choices.
That's part of the reason Gundersen developed an app called the Coulee Region Dining Guide.
The guide includes information on more than 150 area restaurants in La Crosse County and more are likely to be added.
"People sometimes assume that if you go out to eat at restaurants, you can't eat healthy. And the research does show that if you go out, you might eat an additional 200 calories a day, for those people that eat out frequently, and this will hopefully allow people to know where they can go, and still be healthy," said Gundersen Health System Epidemiologist Brenda Rooney.
The free app is available on Android, IOS, and on the web.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse