LA CROSSE, Wis. - The recent shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, has reignited the debate on gun control laws and has sent gun sales soaring.
Many places are selling out of assault rifles and ammunition. ACE Hardware in La Crosse says they've seen a spike in gun sales, including rifles, shotguns and pistols.
For many gun owners, the talks of banning assault rifles and high capacity magazines have them buying what they can while they can.17891618
"I wouldn't be in a hurry to go and buy things if I thought I could purchase them down the road, but the fact of the matter is I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to so, I'm going to buy them things while I can," said gun owner Mark Krueger.
ACE Hardware says the conceal carry law helped boost gun sales as well. But along with sales, they saw more people are also taking classes to educate themselves about gun safety.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies