LA CROSSE, Wis. - The recent shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, has reignited the debate on gun control laws and has sent gun sales soaring.
Many places are selling out of assault rifles and ammunition. ACE Hardware in La Crosse says they've seen a spike in gun sales, including rifles, shotguns and pistols.
For many gun owners, the talks of banning assault rifles and high capacity magazines have them buying what they can while they can.17891618
"I wouldn't be in a hurry to go and buy things if I thought I could purchase them down the road, but the fact of the matter is I'm concerned that I'm not going to be able to so, I'm going to buy them things while I can," said gun owner Mark Krueger.
ACE Hardware says the conceal carry law helped boost gun sales as well. But along with sales, they saw more people are also taking classes to educate themselves about gun safety.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature