MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin gun advocates joined nationwide rallies in support of gun rights.
The group Wisconsin Guns Across America held a peaceful rally Saturday outside the Capitol in Madison.
Capitol police spokeswoman Stephanie Marquis says an estimated 500 to 600 people showed up and there were no issues.
The Facebook page for the event called it a "peaceful picketing protest."
Pictures posted on the page showed people holding signs like "Know Guns Know Freedom."
The rally is one of many slated to take place on state capitols across the country thanks to a loosely organized campaign via social media. The rallies were sponsors by the Washington D.C.-based group Political Media.18203794
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest