MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin gun advocates joined nationwide rallies in support of gun rights.
The group Wisconsin Guns Across America held a peaceful rally Saturday outside the Capitol in Madison.
Capitol police spokeswoman Stephanie Marquis says an estimated 500 to 600 people showed up and there were no issues.
The Facebook page for the event called it a "peaceful picketing protest."
Pictures posted on the page showed people holding signs like "Know Guns Know Freedom."
The rally is one of many slated to take place on state capitols across the country thanks to a loosely organized campaign via social media. The rallies were sponsors by the Washington D.C.-based group Political Media.18203794
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather