GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Some Green Bay students get to sing holiday songs with Kenny Rogers.
The Southwest High School Chorale and six students from Chappell Elementary School will perform with the country star Wednesday night at the Weidner Center.
They'll sing six songs as part of the holiday portion of the concert.
The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports third-grader Jevonte Brown will sing a solo to open the second act of the show. He says he hopes the spotlight doesn't hurt his eyes.
Many of kids don't know much about Rogers, whose hit song "The Gambler" was released in the late 1970s.
Fifth-grader Sierra Ahnen says her grandma is more excited than she is.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US