LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area businesses and community members were honored Wednesday night for making a difference in the Coulee Region.
The recognition is part of the Great Rivers United Way 64th annual meeting.
The meeting honors four individuals or companies with the Give, Advocate, Volunteer and Live United Awards.
Nominees are chosen based on their contributions, volunteering efforts, participation, and advocating for the organization.
United Way Award Winners:
Give Award: LHI Employees
Advocate Award: Dave and Barb Skogen
Volunteer Award: Vicki Gress
Live United Award: UPS Staff and Management
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser