LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area businesses and community members were honored Wednesday night for making a difference in the Coulee Region.
The recognition is part of the Great Rivers United Way 64th annual meeting.
The meeting honors four individuals or companies with the Give, Advocate, Volunteer and Live United Awards.
Nominees are chosen based on their contributions, volunteering efforts, participation, and advocating for the organization.
United Way Award Winners:
Give Award: LHI Employees
Advocate Award: Dave and Barb Skogen
Volunteer Award: Vicki Gress
Live United Award: UPS Staff and Management
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks