ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - The You-tube video of Onalaska's "Grandma Drummer" has reached more than 5 million views online, and it's now making its debut in a Super Bowl commercial.
Onalaska native Mary Hvizda gained attention after a video of her rocking out on the drums in Onalaska's Coalition Drum Shop went viral. The 63-year-old was part of the Chantells, the first all-girl rock band in La Crosse.
Now, the video is being featured in a Pizza Hut commercial that will air during the Super Bowl Sunday, according to her Facebook fan page.
Watch the entire commercial here.24244034
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building