LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Great weather and good running brought out a crowd to La Crosse's Grandad Bluff Half Marathon.
The 6th annual race started out Saturday morning with runners, walkers, and bikers. Along with the half marathon, the Coulee Region Bike Tour and 3 Rivers 5K brought out entire families for a day of races. Nearly 3,500 people participated in the weekend's events.
Here are the total numbers from the events:
5K Run/ Walk 767
Half Marathon 1220
Half Marathon Relay 150
Bike Tours 96
Running Time Trial 39
Youth Races 322
Proceeds raised by the event will benefit the St. Clare Health Mission, Special Recreation of La Crosse and the Youth Enrichment Association. On Tuesday, May 13, event organizers will hold a check presentation to reveal the amount of money raise
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls