LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker participated in the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) Board meeting in La Crosse on Tuesday morning at Logistics Health Incorporated (LHI).
Walker said the agency met to make sure policies and programs are in place to help move Wisconsin's economy forward.
"We're trying to stress discussions, meetings like this, that there are improvements happening in the economy, but we need to do more," Governor Walker said. "We need more key industries like manufacturing and agriculture; it's why we put some strong incentives in place, but also in other areas—in retail and healthcare."
Walker said the current 6.5% unemployment rate is the lowest Wisconsin has seen in 6 ½ years.
During the WEDC Board meeting, Walker praised LHI for its "tremendous growth" over the last decade.
"We need to highlight these great stories and continue to build off them," Walker said.23420856
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership