LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker participated in the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) Board meeting in La Crosse on Tuesday morning at Logistics Health Incorporated (LHI).
Walker said the agency met to make sure policies and programs are in place to help move Wisconsin's economy forward.
"We're trying to stress discussions, meetings like this, that there are improvements happening in the economy, but we need to do more," Governor Walker said. "We need more key industries like manufacturing and agriculture; it's why we put some strong incentives in place, but also in other areas—in retail and healthcare."
Walker said the current 6.5% unemployment rate is the lowest Wisconsin has seen in 6 ½ years.
During the WEDC Board meeting, Walker praised LHI for its "tremendous growth" over the last decade.
"We need to highlight these great stories and continue to build off them," Walker said.23420856
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest