MADISON, WI (AP) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is making a trip down south on Friday to hit a fundraiser in Tennessee and then give a speech in Alabama.
Walker's campaign spokesman Jonathan Wetzel said Wednesday that Walker will be attending a luncheon fundraiser at the home of Reba and Willis Johnson in Franklin, Tenn.
An invitation for the event shows the minimum donation is $2,500. A $10,000 donation places the contributor in the "Scott Walker Governor's Club."
The fundraiser is for Walker's 2014 re-election bid. Walker is also mentioned as a possible 2016 Republican presidential candidate, but he has said he's focused on winning re-election first.
On Friday night, Walker is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the Alabama Republican Party's summer dinner in Montgomery.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day