MILWAUKEE (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says he didn't catch anything during a trip to northwestern Wisconsin to kick off the state's inland fishing season opener.
The season began Saturday. Every year Wisconsin's governor goes fishing to kick off the season. Walker's office released a statement early Saturday afternoon saying Walker traveled to Balsam Lake this year. The statement doesn't say whether he caught anything.
The governor told delegates at the Republican state convention Saturday in Milwaukee that he was on the lake earlier that morning in 38-degree temperatures and caught nothing.
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Medical examiner identifies couple in murder-suicide case
- 10 sites in US named 'proving grounds' for driverless cars
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight