MILWAUKEE (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says he didn't catch anything during a trip to northwestern Wisconsin to kick off the state's inland fishing season opener.
The season began Saturday. Every year Wisconsin's governor goes fishing to kick off the season. Walker's office released a statement early Saturday afternoon saying Walker traveled to Balsam Lake this year. The statement doesn't say whether he caught anything.
The governor told delegates at the Republican state convention Saturday in Milwaukee that he was on the lake earlier that morning in 38-degree temperatures and caught nothing.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony