MILWAUKEE (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says he didn't catch anything during a trip to northwestern Wisconsin to kick off the state's inland fishing season opener.
The season began Saturday. Every year Wisconsin's governor goes fishing to kick off the season. Walker's office released a statement early Saturday afternoon saying Walker traveled to Balsam Lake this year. The statement doesn't say whether he caught anything.
The governor told delegates at the Republican state convention Saturday in Milwaukee that he was on the lake earlier that morning in 38-degree temperatures and caught nothing.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.