The Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge in Winona and La Crosse are closed due to the federal government shutdown.
Funding for the Refuge expired on October 1, 2013. Public access to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service properties is prohibited.
All public activities are cancelled, but fish and wildlife managers will continue "limited functions," such as those necessary to respond to emergencies, perform essential functions and to protect human life or personal property.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay