MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two state senators, one Republican and one Democrat, are urging Gov. Scott Walker to reconsider his decision to rescind his appointment of a college student to the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents.
Walker rescinded the appointment after the student told his office he had signed a petition to recall Walker from office two years ago.
Walker refused to say Thursday why he pulled back the nomination of UW-Platteville student Josh Inglett.
Republican Sen. Dale Schultz and Democratic Sen. Jon Erpenbach are asking Walker to reconsider.
Erpenbach says the move by Walker is gutless and is the very definition of McCarthyism.
Schultz asks Walker to show mercy to Inglett and reconsider.
Inglett says there are bigger issues for the regents to deal with than his appointment.20568522
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom