MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Two state senators, one Republican and one Democrat, are urging Gov. Scott Walker to reconsider his decision to rescind his appointment of a college student to the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents.
Walker rescinded the appointment after the student told his office he had signed a petition to recall Walker from office two years ago.
Walker refused to say Thursday why he pulled back the nomination of UW-Platteville student Josh Inglett.
Republican Sen. Dale Schultz and Democratic Sen. Jon Erpenbach are asking Walker to reconsider.
Erpenbach says the move by Walker is gutless and is the very definition of McCarthyism.
Schultz asks Walker to show mercy to Inglett and reconsider.
Inglett says there are bigger issues for the regents to deal with than his appointment.20568522
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota