MONROE COUNTY, WI (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker is seeking applicants for the Monroe County District Attorney.
The new appointee will replace Dan Cary who died on November 4 in his Sparta home. The appointee will serve out the remainder of the unexpired term and will be up for election in November 2016.
To apply for the position, applicants must submit a cover letter, short resume, 3-4 references and the DA application found on Governor Walker's website. (Select the DA Applicants button after choosing the "Apply to Serve" tab.)
Complete application materials must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 19. Resumes, cover letters and applications should be submitted to: GovDistrictAttorney@wisconsin.gov If candidates need to speak with someone immediately about the position, they can contact Brian Hagedorn at (608) 266-1212.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies