MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker thanked teachers around Wisconsin as part of Thank a Teacher Day.
Walker signed a proclamation on Tuesday recognizing teachers for all of their hard work.
"Teachers have a lasting influence on the children they teach. Each of us has that one teacher who really inspired us to learn and tackle each difficult math problem, science project, or history lesson," Governor Walker said. "For me, that person was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Basley. Thank you, Mrs. Basley, and all other teachers like her who challenge our students and give them the knowledge to help guide them throughout life."
The U.S. Department of Education encourages you to use #ThankATeacher to post about the positive impact teachers have made in your life.
May 5-9 is Teacher Appreciation Week in Wisconsin.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans