MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker thanked teachers around Wisconsin as part of Thank a Teacher Day.
Walker signed a proclamation on Tuesday recognizing teachers for all of their hard work.
"Teachers have a lasting influence on the children they teach. Each of us has that one teacher who really inspired us to learn and tackle each difficult math problem, science project, or history lesson," Governor Walker said. "For me, that person was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Basley. Thank you, Mrs. Basley, and all other teachers like her who challenge our students and give them the knowledge to help guide them throughout life."
The U.S. Department of Education encourages you to use #ThankATeacher to post about the positive impact teachers have made in your life.
May 5-9 is Teacher Appreciation Week in Wisconsin.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls