MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Governor Scott Walker thanked teachers around Wisconsin as part of Thank a Teacher Day.
Walker signed a proclamation on Tuesday recognizing teachers for all of their hard work.
"Teachers have a lasting influence on the children they teach. Each of us has that one teacher who really inspired us to learn and tackle each difficult math problem, science project, or history lesson," Governor Walker said. "For me, that person was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Basley. Thank you, Mrs. Basley, and all other teachers like her who challenge our students and give them the knowledge to help guide them throughout life."
The U.S. Department of Education encourages you to use #ThankATeacher to post about the positive impact teachers have made in your life.
May 5-9 is Teacher Appreciation Week in Wisconsin.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice