LA CROSSE, Wis. - Sate officials are asking Wisconsin citizens to join the fight against the Emerald Ash Borer.
Governor Scott Walker named May 19-25 Emerald Ash Borer Awareness Week.
Officials hope to spread information about how people can help stop the pests from killing ash trees.
13 Wisconsin counties have trees infected by the emerald ash borer, including La Crosse County.
Officials say a major way to help stop the spread is by making sure you don't move firewood out of the counties infected with the borer.
For a list of infected counties visit http://datcpservices.wisconsin.gov/eab/index.jsp20214154
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather