LA CROSSE, Wis. - Sate officials are asking Wisconsin citizens to join the fight against the Emerald Ash Borer.
Governor Scott Walker named May 19-25 Emerald Ash Borer Awareness Week.
Officials hope to spread information about how people can help stop the pests from killing ash trees.
13 Wisconsin counties have trees infected by the emerald ash borer, including La Crosse County.
Officials say a major way to help stop the spread is by making sure you don't move firewood out of the counties infected with the borer.
For a list of infected counties visit http://datcpservices.wisconsin.gov/eab/index.jsp20214154
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse