MADISON, Wis. - Governor Scott Walker says he will travel across Wisconsin over the next few weeks to talk to people about their priorities and their ideas for "building a better Wisconsin."
Walker released a video Monday via his YouTube channel introducing his statewide, "Talk with Walker" tour. In the video, Walker outlines his top five priorities for the state: job creation; develop our workforce; investing in infrastructure; transforming education; and reforming government.
"I'm looking forward to talking with people around Wisconsin about what is important to them," Governor Walker said in a statement. "We are looking for bold ideas and real solutions to the problems facing our state."17560792
Governor Walker's administration says earlier this month, Department of Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch told Walker and the legislature that revenue estimates are up $1.5 billion for the FY13-15 budget, and the state will deposit money into the rainy day fund in back-to-back years for the first time in state history.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion