MADISON, Wis. - Governor Scott Walker says he will travel across Wisconsin over the next few weeks to talk to people about their priorities and their ideas for "building a better Wisconsin."
Walker released a video Monday via his YouTube channel introducing his statewide, "Talk with Walker" tour. In the video, Walker outlines his top five priorities for the state: job creation; develop our workforce; investing in infrastructure; transforming education; and reforming government.
"I'm looking forward to talking with people around Wisconsin about what is important to them," Governor Walker said in a statement. "We are looking for bold ideas and real solutions to the problems facing our state."17560792
Governor Walker's administration says earlier this month, Department of Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch told Walker and the legislature that revenue estimates are up $1.5 billion for the FY13-15 budget, and the state will deposit money into the rainy day fund in back-to-back years for the first time in state history.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract