MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A spokesman for Washington Gov. Chris Gregorie says Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has asked her to return a prisoner wanted for killing his half-brother to Wisconsin.
Dane County prosecutors have charged Jeffrey Vogelsberg with killing Matthew Graville in their Mazomanie home in July. Authorities arrested Vogelsberg last month in Washington state. He had moved there to be with his wife, who is stationed at a military base near Tacoma.
Vogelsberg has refused to waive extradition to Wisconsin. Gregoire spokesman Jason Kelly says Walker has sent her a rendition warrant, which is essentially a request for Gregoire to ship Vogelsberg to this state.
Kelly says the paperwork is on its way to Gregoire's office and she has never denied such a request. A Walker spokeswoman didn't immediately return a message.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial