MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A spokesman for Washington Gov. Chris Gregorie says Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has asked her to return a prisoner wanted for killing his half-brother to Wisconsin.
Dane County prosecutors have charged Jeffrey Vogelsberg with killing Matthew Graville in their Mazomanie home in July. Authorities arrested Vogelsberg last month in Washington state. He had moved there to be with his wife, who is stationed at a military base near Tacoma.
Vogelsberg has refused to waive extradition to Wisconsin. Gregoire spokesman Jason Kelly says Walker has sent her a rendition warrant, which is essentially a request for Gregoire to ship Vogelsberg to this state.
Kelly says the paperwork is on its way to Gregoire's office and she has never denied such a request. A Walker spokeswoman didn't immediately return a message.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity