A semi-private corporation that has been plagued with bad record keeping and high staff turnover has new leadership. That's what brought Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker to La Crosse Wednesday.
The governor introduced Reed Hall as the new CEO of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation.
The group was supposed to aid the Governor with his goal of creating 250,000 jobs, but in it's first year, it struggled to track $56 million in loans to private businesses. "Systematically he has gone through everyone of the issues that has been raised, he's brought in the banker's association, aggressively looked at the audit, this is someone who came in from the outside and said 'hey, we're going to re-establish credibility,' and I think they have," said Governor Walker.18352352
Hall is the former Executive Director of the Marshfield Clinic.
The Governor is introducing Hall at a number of stops throughout the state.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership