WISCONSIN (WKBT) - With dangerously cold weather just ahead in Wisconsin's forecast and a severe propane shortage hitting the Midwest, Gov. Scott Walker has announced a state of emergency.
The supply shortage comes after unusually cold temperatures this winter and has resulted in delivery delays and reduced delivery amounts for propane customers. Walker and his administration are asking residents to check on their friends and neighbors during the cold streak and to be aware of local warming shelters, if your heat goes out.
You can also call 1-866 - HEATWIS for information on where you can buy propane in your area.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.