WISCONSIN (WKBT) - With dangerously cold weather just ahead in Wisconsin's forecast and a severe propane shortage hitting the Midwest, Gov. Scott Walker has announced a state of emergency.
The supply shortage comes after unusually cold temperatures this winter and has resulted in delivery delays and reduced delivery amounts for propane customers. Walker and his administration are asking residents to check on their friends and neighbors during the cold streak and to be aware of local warming shelters, if your heat goes out.
You can also call 1-866 - HEATWIS for information on where you can buy propane in your area.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure