DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A new decoration is coming to the Iowa Capitol, courtesy of Gov. Terry Branstad's latest hunting expedition.
Branstad announced Monday that he shot a buck over the weekend during his annual deer hunt.
A picture of Branstad with the slain buck is displayed on his Facebook page. The governor shot him on Saturday in Decatur County. He says this is the third time he has shot a buck.
The governor plans to mount the deer head and hang it in a conference room in his office. His spokesman says staff believes this is the first time any game has been hung in the governor's office.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore