DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A new decoration is coming to the Iowa Capitol, courtesy of Gov. Terry Branstad's latest hunting expedition.
Branstad announced Monday that he shot a buck over the weekend during his annual deer hunt.
A picture of Branstad with the slain buck is displayed on his Facebook page. The governor shot him on Saturday in Decatur County. He says this is the third time he has shot a buck.
The governor plans to mount the deer head and hang it in a conference room in his office. His spokesman says staff believes this is the first time any game has been hung in the governor's office.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay