MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Republican Rep. Mary Franson has won a recount over her Democratic challenger in their western Minnesota state House race.
Franson picked up one vote in Thursday's recount in Otter Tail County. That gives her an unofficial 12-vote lead over Bob Cunniff.
Cunniff says he has conceded the race and will not go to court. The retired teacher and coach from Alexandria says "it's just time to move on."
The state Canvassing Board meets Tuesday to certify the results.
Democrats took control of the House by a sizeable majority in the election, meaning control is not at stake in the Franson-Cunniff recount.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture