MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Two Republican lawmakers are calling on Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to explain his financial plan for Wisconsin should the Democratic challenger win next month's recall election against Gov. Scott Walker.
State Sen. Alberta Darling and state Rep. Robin Vos are co-chairs on the Joint Finance Committee. In a two-page letter dated Thursday, they asked Barrett to outline his fiscal proposals.
They also challenge him to explain how he would have tackled some of the financial issues that Walker addressed. For example, they ask which reforms that Walker imposed to address a $3.6 billion deficit Barrett opposes.
Barrett spokesman Phil Walzak calls the letter a political stunt. He says Walker is the one who owes voters an explanation about his budget that gave tax breaks to corporations and cut education spending.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay