MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Two Republican lawmakers are calling on Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett to explain his financial plan for Wisconsin should the Democratic challenger win next month's recall election against Gov. Scott Walker.
State Sen. Alberta Darling and state Rep. Robin Vos are co-chairs on the Joint Finance Committee. In a two-page letter dated Thursday, they asked Barrett to outline his fiscal proposals.
They also challenge him to explain how he would have tackled some of the financial issues that Walker addressed. For example, they ask which reforms that Walker imposed to address a $3.6 billion deficit Barrett opposes.
Barrett spokesman Phil Walzak calls the letter a political stunt. He says Walker is the one who owes voters an explanation about his budget that gave tax breaks to corporations and cut education spending.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration